WillowTree’s Product Design Team plays a central role in helping our clients envision and design the experience of their mobile products.
As a Product Designer, you will design product experiences from ideation to execution for clients across industries. You'll participate in research, conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design. You will collaborate closely with our Product Strategists and Software Engineers to produce beautiful solutions that place our clients above their competition, and bring your designs to life through emerging technologies.
We are looking for someone who can give form to their ideas and iterate on them while paying attention to every detail. Are you passionate about solving problems through design? Do you follow emerging tech and design trends? Are you motivated by driving design culture and creativity?
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we'd like to talk to you.
- Work within your team to design mobile and web products from start to launch
- Complete activities such as research, conceptual design, information architecture, motion design, prototyping, and visual design
- Collaborate closely with clients and your project team to understand business needs, user needs and project requirements
- Deliver innovative and unique mobile design concepts
- Meet with clients and facilitate hands-on design activities and presenting work
- Have occasional travel to visit clients on-site
- Ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and delivers on Product Strategy goals
- 2-3+ years designing digital products professionally
- Strong digital design experience with the portfolio to prove it
- Strong conceptual thinking with a demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, user behaviors, and project requirements
- Solid written and oral communication skills, with natural ability to explain design decisions and clearly articulate decisions
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of typography, layout and basic design principles
- Expertise designing for diverse set of screens, operating systems, and challenges
- Experience regularly presenting designs to clients and other designers. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently.
- Experience in regularly presenting designs to clients and other designers. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client
- Experience using design tools such as: : Sketch, InVision, Principle, Zeplin, and UserTesting.com.
- Passion for current design trends coupled with a deep understanding of user experience
- Strong ability to ensure the final visual design is on-brand and delivers on Product Strategy goals.
- Proven skill as a trusted teammate and design mentor
- Motion design experience
- Experience in leading client workshops and kick-off activities
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical challenges. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every single day.