Human Resources Manager
Are you a people person who can interact with a diverse team? Do you have strong attention to detail and a passion for continuously improving processes? Would you like to be a key player on a smart passionate team, and help take our HR department to a whole new level?
WillowTree is hiring an experienced Human Resources Manager in our Charlottesville office. In this role, you will responsible for managing our Internal HR processes and practices as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, and performance.
If you’ve answered “yes” to the above questions, we’d like to talk to you.
- Have proven experience as an HR manager or other HR executive roles
- Manage processes and documentation for onboarding and offboarding full-time team members and interns. This includes preparing and processing team member paperwork.
- Are responsible for personnel records management and compliance with federal, state and local legislation
- Support the seamless delivery of the HR Cycle such as performance review management and compensation management
- Manage incoming HR email requests, escalating issues or concerns as appropriate for further action
- Will prepare confidential and sensitive documentation
- Are responsible for health and safety compliance and other federal and state requirements in our offices in Charlottesville, VA and Durham, NC
- Subject matter expertise for HR Admin systems and benefit programs
- Experience acting as an administrator for team member benefits
- Expertise coordinating with corporate insurance carriers
- Tactful, discreet communication skills for handling difficult conversations
- Ability to schedule new hire orientation agendas and arrange new hire events
- Willingness to provide backup coverage for Office Manager and Chief Talent Officer
- Experience researching and implementing new types of team benefits and perks
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices
- Experience using data and analysis to solve real-world HR problems
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile.We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.