Entry Level Designer (December 2017/May 2018 grads)
WillowTree’s Product Design Team plays a central role in helping our clients envision and design the experience of their mobile products.
As a Designer, you will create product experiences from ideation to execution for clients across industries. You'll participate in research, conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design. You will collaborate closely with Senior Product Designers, Product Strategists and Software Engineers to produce beautiful solutions that place our clients above their competition, and bring your designs to life through emerging technologies.
We are looking for someone who can learn quickly, give form to their ideas and iterate on them while paying attention to every detail. Are you passionate about solving problems through design? Do you follow emerging tech and design trends? Are you motivated by driving design culture and creativity?
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we'd like to talk to you.
- Work within your team to design mobile and web products from start to launch
- Complete activities such as conceptual design, motion design, prototyping, and visual design
- Collaborate closely with Senior Product Designers, clients and your project team to understand business needs, user needs and project requirements
- Have occasional travel to visit clients on-site
- Strong digital design portfolio
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Solid written and oral communication skills, with ability to explain design decisions
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of typography, layout and basic design principles
- Experience regularly presenting designs to clients and other designers. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently.
- Experience in presenting designs to other designers.
- Experience using design tools such as: Sketch/Adobe XD and Invision
- Passion for current design trends
- Desire to work regularly with design mentors
- Motion design experience
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users; devices every day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.