Cloud Software Developer
Cloud Software Developer
At the foundation of every interesting and valuable mobile experience is a powerful backend. Architecting and building robust, fault-tolerant, scalable mobile server-side solutions requires expertise and attention to detail. If you're annoyed by software that fails or is painfully slow when people actually use it — and you understand that anything short of optimal performance will ruin any mobile experience, every time - then you should join our team and help us improve the experiences for users around the world. We'll build secure, scalable solutions for our clients that work great now, scale for the future, and always outclass their competition. It’s a tall order but at WillowTree, it’s what we do every single day.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we’d like to talk to you!
- Are passionate about durable, secure, scalable systems that are always up and running
- Get excited about modern cloud-native application architecture — e.g. microservices, serverless, containerization and orchestration
- Have expert knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB or DynamoDB) — from schema design, indexing, querying, and performance tuning to replication, sharding, and ensuring high availability
- Are not afraid of load tests throwing hundreds of thousands of users at your service — your service will never even break a sweat!
- Proven experience with Node.JS
- Experience building serverless API's using Node.JS
- Experience with AWS (bonus points!) or Azure infrastructure and applications
- Experience designing, building, deploying and scaling fault tolerant self-healing and highly-available systems used in production by a large user base
- A deep understanding of REST and API design— that extends beyond buzzwords
- Experience automating large-scale systems with DevOps tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Expertise with search engines — e.g., Elasticsearch, Solr, or CloudSearch
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) - e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins
- Production Big Data deployments using Hadoop - MapReduce or Streaming
- Experience with functional languages
- Experience building REST API's with Express
- Experience and understanding of performance monitoring tools (e.g., DataDog, CloudWatch)
*Along with your resume, please include your GitHub account if you have one, as well as any relevant application or code samples.