Creating great products starts with understanding people. User research is paramount to WillowTree's product strategy from idea conception to product launch. It informs our features and design, improves our understanding of our users, and validates our product decisions. At WillowTree, our Product Researchers collaborate with clients and team members to understand business requirements; identify trends through research that help stakeholders make sound, product defining decisions; and ensure an excellent user experience.
If you have this kind of experience, we'd like to talk to you.
- Collaborate with strategists and designers to define and implement research methods that help us understand users’ needs and solutions
- Administer research including user interviews and surveys, ethnographic research, design validation, and usability tests
- Identify patterns that drive product decisions and advise on product direction, design, and implementation
- Continually advocate for research best practices across the company
- Design and interpret qualitative and quantitative research
- Creatively target and recruit research participants
- Strong empathy and curiosity towards people
- Experience conducting user centered research (e.g. interviews, surveys, ethnography)
- Experience recruiting users based on personas
- Experience conducting secondary research (e.g. literature reviews, competitive research)
- Ability to recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- Effective communication skills to present methodologies and findings to clients
- Advanced quantitative research skills and/or statistics background
- Significant mobile product experience
- Experience conducting a competitive landscape
- Agency experience
- Has shipped products with features based on your research
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.