Product Design Intern
WillowTree’s Product Design Team plays a central role in helping our clients envision and design the experience of their digital products.
As a Product Design Intern, you will not be stowed away working on fake projects. Our interns are our colleagues and you’ll contribute to real client products in meaningful ways.
You'll participate in research, conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design, all while having a 1-on-1 mentor relationship with a senior level Product Designer.
Are you passionate about solving problems through design? Do you follow emerging tech and design trends? Are you motivated by driving design culture and creativity?
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we'd like to talk to you.
- Have experience using Sketch or Photoshop to design digital interfaces
- Collaborate closely with team designers and engineers to understand user needs and project requirements
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Are passionate about current design trends coupled with a strong understanding of user experience
- Plan to graduate in 2019 or spring of 2020
- Online portfolio of mobile app or web design work
- Strong conceptual thinking with a demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, user behaviors, and project requirements
- Solid written and oral communication skills, with natural ability to articulately explain design decisions
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of typography, layout, and basic design principles
- Comfortable presenting your designs to teammates and client
- Motion design experience
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users; devices every day.