Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Do you want to deliver best-of-class products for mobile and web? Are you innately curious to poke, pry, and break things? Do you advocate for continuous delivery or strive to build quality into the entire development process?
If you've answered "yes" to the above questions, we'd like to talk to you.
To be successful, you:
- Consistently drive the quality and health of software projects
- Have been described as detailed, organized, and inquisitive
- Enjoy taking ownership of tasks within a team and solving problems
- Have tested an array of platforms and understand the different testing considerations for each (e.g. mobile vs. web)
- Apply critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes and provide feedback necessary to confidently deliver high-quality software
- Are comfortable crafting and developing automation
- Can collaborate with developers, designers, and clients
- Enjoy researching new tools and technologies and can apply them as they see fit
We'd love for you to have:
- Experience leading the QA process including manual and automation testing
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and automation test scripts
- Real passion for digging deep to find obscure issues
- Ability to lead the testing process on a project, including documentation, reports, and client questions
- Experience in Software Development (preferably in testing)
- Basic understanding of an OOP language
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Strong desire and appreciation for continuous learning
- Experience with test automation frameworks for native apps and web apps (e.g., Selenium, Appium, XCTest UI, Espresso)
- Experience working on agile teams in new product development
- Experience testing complex and large mobile apps
- Familiar with unit testing frameworks ( e.g., TestNG, JUnit, xUnit)
- Knowledge of software development, design patterns, and build/release processes
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every single day.