Product Research Intern (Summer 2019)
Product Research Intern (Summer 2019)
Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Product Research Intern (we hope).
Are you naturally curious about what makes people tick? Do you often find yourself asking your friends questions to get to the bottom of their behavior?
Creating great products starts with understanding people. User research is paramount to WillowTree’s product strategy, from idea conception to product launch. It informs our features and design, improves our understanding of our users, and validates our product decisions. At WillowTree, our Product Researchers leverage a combination of qualitative, quantitative, and competitive market research to understand how users behave while interacting with technology. Researchers work on a variety of projects including products for the financial sector, retail, non-profit organizations, media, and other industries. Our Research Team collaborates with clients and other WillowTree team members to understand business requirements and to identify trends that help stakeholders make informed product defining decisions, and that ensure an excellent user experience.
Our Research Interns aren't put in a room by themselves, but are embedded into our project teams. They take active roles in our organization doing real work in their field and experiencing life with a bleeding-edge software design and development team.
- Thrive in a team environment
- Have the ability to jump in and contribute to ongoing projects
- Are willing to participate in a culture of feedback and to share work in-progress
- Are able to openly communicate with team members about ideas, project challenges, and work dynamics.
- Plans to graduate in May 2020 or May 2021
- Experience in either qualitative and quantitative research methods and an interest in deepening your experience in both areas
- Strong empathy and curiosity towards people
- The ability to identify patterns in data
- The ability to clearly communicate methodologies and findings both verbally and in writing
- Interest in mobile and emerging technology
- Combination of both qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Experience working as a research assistant or in an academic lab
- Design and/or engineering experience
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
Our summer internship program is an opportunity for you to work on real client projects and make a real impact on our organization all while receiving one-on-one mentoring from our full-time team members. Not only that, but you’ll have weekly paid lunches, snacks galore, and plenty of chances to socialize with your fellow interns — including fun outings during work hours. We’ll have you with us full time (think 40 hours a week for 8 - 10 weeks) and yes, it is definitely paid. Not a bad gig, right?
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.