Senior Project Manager
At WillowTree, our elite product design and development teams build extraordinary experiences by bridging innovative design with enterprise-grade software development. We build applications across all digital platforms, voice, responsive sites—experiences for every human/machine interaction—for many well-known brands such as HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, General Electric, Synchrony Financial, and PepsiCo. As a Senior Project Manager at WillowTree, you have a unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project. You’ll partner with our Fortune 500 clients to drive toward a product vision, advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities.
In partnership with Engineering and Business Development leads, Project Managers run our digital product teams as an autonomous unit (we call it the ‘Triforce’). They lean on their deep client services expertise to drive effective decision making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process. They employ a ‘just enough’ mindset to keep the process lean, while providing robust structure and effective reporting for client executive teams. They are expert communicators who regularly run workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups. PMs at WillowTree have a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen and consider our client and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners.
- Significantly influence the shape of the client relationship, as the client’s trusted advisor and consultant
- Lead the build, measure, learn product lifecycle for major F500 digital products, some used by millions of people around the world
- Effectively weave the product vision into your team’s ethos to maintain a shared understanding of business outcomes
- Recognize and realize commercial opportunities that enhance product vision and the roadmap through technical and design innovation.
- Coach and mentor to others on the WillowTree team
- Build and maintain a psychologically safe team environment
- Champion product development best practices across the organization and influence our client teams’ practices
As a Senior PM, you will have the opportunity to:
- Drive world class product development, leading the creation of products that are mission critical to our clients’ businesses
- Deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing stakeholders, and C-level executives
- Effectively create, manage, communicate the wholistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Manage scope to encourage sustainable flow for your team while keeping focus on the key client objectives
- Be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments, applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Regularly visit your client, usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of time during kickoff or launch periods
- 7+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Project Owner, Team Lead in a client services business
- Experience managing Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- Demonstrated experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- Experienced technical problem solver — can adeptly determine how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Professional experience as a Project or Product Manager from major technology consultancy or agency
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.