Senior Technical Requirements Manager
The Requirements Management team at WillowTree works with clients to understand their unique business needs and vision and collaborates with WillowTree’s design and engineering teams to bring that vision to life.
As a Senior Technical Requirements Manager, you will use your curiosity and attention to detail to elicit and translate business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria that accurately reflect both business needs and technical considerations. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of designers, strategists, developers, and test engineers to build products that exceed our clients’ expectations.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about both understanding what a product needs to do from a user and client perspective and creating technical solutions. Do you love working collaboratively with others to meld business and technical needs into a solution that’s not just workable, but beautiful?
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we’d like to talk to you.
- Effectively translate abstract client needs into precise product requirements across various sized projects, ranging from minor enhancements to large builds
- Are adept at explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Are inquisitive, listen well, and ask good questions to help get to the core of problems
- Are experts in analyzing client objectives and working with teams to propose unique solutions that maximize both user value and development efficiency
- Get things done; they know what they don’t know and pursue answers
- Keep projects running smoothly by managing complex requirement backlogs
- Endeavor to constantly improve their craft and share knowledge and insights with their peers
- Help drive improvement and development of the requirements management discipline
- Are well-versed in user stories and acceptance criteria, and have opinions on how they should be written
- Mentor/coach new requirements managers on requirement elicitation/documentation, problem-solving, and client and team communication
- Identify technical and business risks early and guide clients in making informed decisions
- You have 5+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Requirements Manager, or related position
- You have multiple years of experience writing requirements for at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Web
- You communicate clearly, confidently, and tactfully with clients
- You have relentless attention to detail
- You have strong documentation and technical writing skills
- You can confidently read API documentation and data-interchange formats such as JSON, XML or HTML
- You are committed to being a trusted leader and mentor
- You understand the importance of usability and user-centered design
- Agency experience with a wide variety of clients and industries
- Multi-platform project experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of backend systems and/or iOS, Android or Web front-end technologies
- Teaching, presentation, or mentoring experience
- Certified Agile ScrumMaster or Product Owner
- Process development and improvement experience
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.