Do you enjoy creating products for the world's most popular operating system? Do you embody a growth mindset and want to hone your craft in an inclusive and collaborative environment? Is Android Lifecycle wrangling one of your favorite team sports?
Senior level Kotlin Engineers at WillowTree have the freedom to create products people love. You’ll collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build large-scale products for well-known brands. We look for teammates who advocate for best practices and have a desire to continuously learn and improve.
If this sounds appealing so far, we hope you apply!
Your Technical Background:
- You’re constantly honing your craft of Java or Kotlin development
- You explore and welcome new technologies to improve your project — e.g. Jetpack, ARCore, MotionLayout
- You have an appreciation for clean architecture and documentation
- You believe that all code is legacy code if it isn’t unit tested
- You understand the intricacies of the Android Lifecycle
- You own and lead the delivery of features and components on the Android platform
- You want to work on a supportive and highly collaborative team
Working at WillowTree isn’t just about your technical skills though. We value well-rounded people who are kind and work well on a team.
You’ll love this job if:
- You enjoy collaborating with product designers and software test engineers to create seamless digital experiences
- You embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- You’re comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback from your teammates
- You value time to deeply immerse yourself in your work
- You treat others with consideration and respect
- You celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everybody’s unique contributions are welcome
- You’ve published Android apps or worked on teams to build apps in production
- You’re building apps in Kotlin
- You have experience with reactive programming (RxJava or other)
- You understand Material Design and appreciate apps that use it.
- You’ve worked in an agency setting or feel comfortable interacting with clients
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- You have a GitHub account to share. Also, while you’re there, check us out @https://github.com/willowtreeapps.
- Ability to travel 2-4 days a month to a client site
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a digital design and development agency with a mission to bring together diverse, smart teams who want to continuously hone their craft. We cultivate a collaborative environment focused on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to impact our clients, products, teams, and company as a whole.
At WillowTree, we work with companies like HBO, PepsiCo, and Regal to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There’s always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to our customers’ devices every day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.