Analytics Intern (Summer 2019)
Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Analytics Intern (we hope).
Are you passionate about backing up decisions with facts and reason? Do you often go to great lengths to find answers to problems? Do you love data? No seriously, do you love data?
Analytics Architects at WillowTree lead the strategy, specification, execution, and visualization of analytics and reporting for our digital products. They work directly with our clients to understand high-level business goals and guide the analytics process. They define what data need to be collected, as well as how and why to collect them. They play a key, client-facing role on project teams starting in the strategy phase, and continuing through design, implementation, and support.
Our Analytics Interns aren't put in a room by themselves, but are embedded into our project teams. They take active roles in our organization doing real work in their field and experiencing life with a bleeding-edge software design and development team.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we’d like to talk to you.
- Thrive in a team environment
- Have strong quantitative skills and high attention to detail
- Are excited to jump in and contribute to ongoing projects
- Can pick up new skills with the drop of a hat
- Are data nerds
- Plans to complete a bachelor's degree program in either May 2020 or May 2021
- Interest in digital analytics and digital analytics tools or platforms (e.g. Google Analytics)
- The ability to clearly communicate and translate high-level business objectives to reportable metrics
- A keen eye for identifying data trends and the ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for these trends
- Interest in mobile and emerging technology
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or any other digital analytics platform
- Experience in working with business or marketing teams for clients
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
Our summer internship program is an opportunity for you to work on real client projects and make a real impact on our organization all while receiving one-on-one mentoring from our full-time team members. Not only that, but you’ll have weekly paid lunches, snacks galore, and plenty of chances to socialize with your fellow interns — including fun outings during work hours. We’ll have you with us full time (think 40 hours a week for 8 - 10 weeks) and yes, it is definitely paid. Not a bad gig, right?
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.