Senior Product Researcher
Creating great products starts with understanding people. User research is paramount to the digital strategy of WillowTree's products from idea conception to product launch. User research informs our features and design. As a Senior Product Researcher, you'll work closely with a multi-disciplinary team and directly collaborate with clients to understand their business objectives. You'll design and conduct research to identify patterns and trends that will help stakeholders make product-defining decisions, while always advocating for an excellent user experience.
If you're looking to make a big impact on product decisions, keep reading.
- Identify important research questions and implement user-centered research methods that can translate into digital solutions
- Collaborate with product strategists and product designers to design research methodologies while considering timeline and scope
- Draw from a breadth of tools and approaches to investigate UX questions such as user interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, and usability tests
- Identify patterns from qualitative and quantitative data sets to drive product direction and implementation
- Compile and present findings to stakeholders in a clear and actionable way
- Advocate for research best practices across the company
- 5+ years of experience in industry digital product environment in research role, or advanced graduate degree in applicable field of research plus 2+ years experience in industry digital product environment in research role
- Demonstrated mastery in quantitative or qualitative research, and a baseline level understanding of both
- Strong empathy and curiosity towards people
- Experience selecting appropriate research methodologies considering timelines and constraints
- Comfortable designing and conducting interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, usability tests, etc
- Ability to creatively target and recruit participants based on personas
- Experience conducting secondary research (e.g. literature reviews, competitive landscapes)
- Ability to recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- Comfortable communicating and presenting insights to clients in a compelling and actionable way
- Advanced quantitative research skills and/or statistics background
- Significant digital or mobile product experience
- Experience conducting a competitive landscape
- Digital agency experience
- Have shipped products with features based on your research
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a digital design and development agency with a mission to bring together diverse, smart teams who want to continuously hone their craft. We cultivate a collaborative environment focused on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to impact our clients, products, teams, and company as a whole.
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and GE to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There’s always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to our customers’ devices every day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.