Technical Requirements Manager (December 2018 / May 2019 Graduates)
Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Technical Requirements Manager (we hope).
Are you the kind of person who thinks about all the ways something could go wrong? Do people ask you to help them with technology or other topics they don’t understand because when you explain it, they just get it? If so, the Technical Requirements Manager role may be right for you.
Few people think about all the nuances and layers of detail that go into making an app, but that’s exactly what Technical Requirements Managers do. The Technical Requirements Manager at WillowTree is a client-facing role focused on understanding our partner’s unique business needs and vision. They collaborate closely with WillowTree’s design and engineering teams to execute and bring that vision to life by translating business requirements into technical requirements.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we’d like to talk to you.
- Act like a detective; they can quickly determine what they need to know and where to go to find the answers
- Love cultivating communication between varying audiences of experts + non-experts alike
- Have worked on a project or a team in a lead capacity whether that was stage managing a theater production or managing a robotics team
- Enjoy being the organizer of a group or event
- Are curious about everything and ask a lot of questions
- Are clear writers and clear communicators
- Plans to graduate in December 2018 or May 2019
- Committed attention to detail and a need to document everything
- Genuine curiosity about technology
- Passion for finding the best ways to organize and communicate information
- Ability to prioritize work across multiple competing projects
- Extraordinary ability to quickly read and synthesize large documents
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and respectfully with colleagues, employers, and professors (in person and in writing)
- Knowledge of Agile development methods
- Published writing
- Multi-platform project experience
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Real passion for mobile and tech
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.