Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Software Test Engineer (we hope).
Are you innately curious to poke, pry, and break things? Are you the person who pushes quality over a quick fix? Do you want to help deliver best-of-class applications for mobile and web?
Our Quality Assurance team works on a wide array of projects and platforms for our clients. They work in close collaboration with teams of software engineers, project managers, and many other experts in order to debug and build cutting-edge mobile products that allow us to push boundaries. Software Test Engineers analyze requirements to learn as much as they can about how the application should function. They write and execute test plans to find bugs within an application and collaborate with their teams to ensure they’re shipping quality applications to our clients.
If you’ve got the experience and skills for this role, we’d like to talk to you.
- Have inquisitive minds and friendly personalities
- Aren’t afraid to speak up if something isn’t working right
- Are super organized and can prioritize and manage their workload
- Are able to collaborate with developers, designers, and our clients
- Provide critical analysis and feedback necessary to confidently deliver high quality software
- Incredible eye for detail
- Willingness to dig deep into how things work
- Experience working with others on projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Self-starter and desire to embraces new technologies
- Willingness to learn and advocate for QA methodology and best practices
- Previous experience in software QA
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Experience with testing tools and frameworks
- Experience working on agile teams in new product development
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.