Software Test Engineer Intern (Summer 2019)
Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Software Test Engineer Intern (we hope).
Are you innately curious to poke, pry, and break things? Are you the person who pushes quality over a quick fix? Do you want to understand all the working parts of top-notch applications?
Our Quality Assurance team works on a wide array of projects and platforms for our clients. They work in close collaboration with teams of software engineers, project managers, and many other experts in order to debug and build cutting-edge mobile products that allow us to push boundaries. Our Software Test Engineer Interns aren't put in a room by themselves, but are embedded into our project teams. They take active roles in our organization doing real work in their field and experiencing life with a bleeding-edge software design and development team.
If you’ve got the experience and skills for this role, we’d like to talk to you.
- Have inquisitive minds and friendly personalities
- Aren’t afraid to speak up if something isn’t working right
- Want the opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of software development
- Are curious about exploring multiple technical platforms (iOS, Android, Web, etc.)
- Are super organized and can prioritize and manage their workload
- Collaborate easily within a team
- Incredible eye for detail
- Willingness to dig deep into how things work
- Ability to identify problems and brainstorm solutions
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Self-starter and desire to embraces new technologies
- Desire to learn about and embrace best practices
- Experience in one or more programming languages
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
Our summer internship program is an opportunity for you to work on real client projects and make a real impact on our organization all while receiving one-on-one mentoring from our full-time team members. Not only that, but you’ll have weekly paid lunches, snacks galore, and plenty of chances to socialize with your fellow interns — including fun outings during work hours. We’ll have you with us full time (think 40 hours a week for 8 - 10 weeks) and yes, it is definitely paid. Not a bad gig, right?
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.