At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Software Engineering team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with craft.
They want to understand our clients' unique story, business goals, and pain points.
They create with intent (always).
And they're really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences.
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior Android Engineer at WillowTree, you'll guide and inspire your teammates while working on a variety of complex projects with minimal oversight. You'll advocate for best practices and create products for the world’s most popular operating system!
- You’re constantly honing your craft of Java or Kotlin development
- You explore and welcome new technologies to improve your project — e.g. Jetpack, ARCore, MotionLayout
- You have an appreciation for clean architecture and documentation
- You believe that all code is legacy code if it isn’t unit tested
- You understand the intricacies of the Android Lifecycle
- You own and lead the delivery of features and components on the Android platform
- You want to work on a supportive and highly collaborative team
Working at WillowTree isn’t just about your technical skills though. We value well-rounded people who are kind and work well on a team.
Your Day to Day
- Collaborating with product designers and software test engineers to create seamless digital experiences
- Embodying a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Providing and receiving constructive feedback from your teammates
- Valuing time to deeply immerse yourself in your work
- Celebrating differences and thrive in an environment where everybody’s unique contributions are welcome
- You’ve published Android apps or worked on teams to build apps in production
- You’re building apps in Kotlin
- You have experience with reactive programming (RxJava or other)
- You understand Material Design and appreciate apps that use it.
- You’ve worked in an agency setting or feel comfortable interacting with clients
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- You have a GitHub account to share. Also, while you’re there, check us out at https://github.com/willowtreeapps.
- Ability to travel 2-4 days a month to a client site
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.