If you've answered "yes" to a few of the above questions, we'd like to talk to you.
- Have exceptional front-end web skills
- Deeply understand and appreciate quality code and architecture
- Can effectively communicate complex requirements and collaborate with designers, developers, and our clients
- Are just as (or more) likely to look for their answers in framework source code than on SO (and also understand that official documentation should almost always be the first stop)
- Provide helpful and friendly feedback in code reviews and in-person and apply a growth mindset to receiving feedback
- Knowledge of JS, CSS, and HTML — inside and out
- Experience building scalable projects using React, Angular, Backbone, or some other client-side JS framework
- Experience integrating 3rd party API’s
- Experience using a version control system like Git or SVN
- Knowledge of SASS, Less, or another CSS preprocessor
- You get really jazzed about frontend tooling
- Maybe you have a preferred stack, but you’re willing to adapt to meet the needs of the project
- Curiosity to explore new frameworks and languages to keep up with the evolving ecosystem
- Interest in exploring different programming paradigms (e.g. functional programming)
- Experience with Node and full stack applications
- Has worked with Continuous Integration
- You're able to travel upwards of 2-4 days per month
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with commitment a culture that focuses on building connections, optimism, craftsmanship, flow, and ownership. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a digital design and development agency with a mission to bring together diverse, smart teams who want to continuously hone their craft. We cultivate a collaborative environment focused on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to impact our clients, products, teams, and company as a whole.
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and GE to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There’s always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to our customers’ devices every day.WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.