This Week in Mobile November 19th – November 26th – Our weekly post on mobile news. You can expect a new post every Monday morning giving a brief summary of what happened the previous week in the mobile space along with links for more information. If you think we missed anything important, leave a comment or send us a tweet @willowtreeapps. Besides Thanksgiving it was a quiet week, but here’s what happened…
– BlackBerry CEO admits in an interview that BB 10 is its last shot at recovering in the smartphone market.
– Samsung’s Galaxy Note II has officially sold more than 5 million units.
– Windows Phone 7.8 could release in the coming weeks according to Microsoft China.
– Windows Phone 8 officially launched this week, but some users are already reporting problems.
New and Notable Apps:
– Verizon fiOS released a iOS tablet app this week enabling users to watch select content on their devices.