With the rapid penetration of SmartPhones into the parent, student, faculty and administrative community, it has become critical for schools, colleges and universities to have a clear mobile strategy. This can include web optimization and the deployment of native and web apps. WillowTree has extensive experience working with K-12 school districts and institutes of higher education to help them develop their strategies, and then design and deploy the appropriate products and services.
While many companies have offered apps or mobile versions of their products, the next generation is for schools and colleges/universities to offer their parents, students and alumni a single app (and/or mobile website) that integrates all relevant information into a single app, ideally with single sign-on. Only WillowTree’s Mobile Education Platform provides such a fully integrated solution, leveraging the institution’s existing IT investment.
Click here to read the press release announcing WillowTree’s Mobile Education Platform for school district apps.
Click here to read the article featuring WillowTree as the app-development firm that created a dynamic mobile app for McKinney school systems.
The misdGO app was featured on the Dallas NBC affiliate’s newscast.
Contact us today for a free assessment of your institution’s mobile strategy, options and costs by clicking here.
WillowTree has developed specific apps for schools, school districts, colleges and universities that include:
- Integration with ISIS (Integrated Student Information System) and HAC (Home Access Center) to allow single sign on for parents and students.
- News/Events, including integration with clients’ current CMS
- Course directories
- Athletic department apps including scores, video and audio streams, multimedia, ticketing and game day features
- School district and campus maps, including augmented reality
- Dining menus, including integration into payment systems (for example allowing parents to add to children’s meal pay account from their phone)
- Real-time alert and notification capabilities
- News for students, alumni, faculty and staff
- Entertainment features such as one touch fight songs, videos, etc.