School District Apps
WillowTree has extensive experience working with K-12 school districts. Our position, the creation of a branded app for your school district is critical to your success, and we are the conduit to make that happen.
Advantages to building a custom mobile application for your school district include:
- Deep integration into current infrastructures and systems
- Ability to customize functionality of the app for particular district needs
- Complete control of branding and positioning – no template galleries!
- Quick functionality or design changes – no submitting changes and waiting for the next template change release to deploy
The experience and learnings that WillowTree brings from our higher education clients such as University of Virginia, Syracuse University, and Harvard Business Publishing into the K-12 space is an advantage not many of our competitors possess.
Integration into School Systems:
- Integration with SIS (Student Information System)
- Integration with HAC (Home Access Center) or other types of parent portals to enable single sign-on for parents and students
- Integration of News & Events with current CMS
- Integration into cafeteria payment systems
K-12 Mobile Functionality WillowTree Offers:
- Customized Calendars
- Course Directories
- Athletic Department Functions: Scores, Video & Audio Streams, Multimedia, Ticketing & Game Day Features
- School District & School Campus Maps; Including AR (augmented reality)
- Cafeteria Menus – Including integration into payment systems (for example allowing parents to add to children’s meal pay account from their phone)
- Real-Time News, Alerts & Notifications
- News Boards for students, parents, faculty and staff
- Entertainment Features such as one-touch school spirit songs, videos, etc.
Higher Education Apps
WillowTree has designed and developed a multitude of customized higher education applications – from applications for Universities, to higher education online institutions, and even school rating websites such as GreatSchools.
Creating a customized application opens the door for clients to design and develop an application that is truly representative of the institutions brand. Customization can include use of branded font(s), exact color usage, iconography that matches the grounds of the institution, and many more subtleties that may appear to be insignificant but in actuality, can significantly improve the in-app experience which directly correlates with app adoption.