Download Company Fact SheetDownload PDF
WillowTree Apps Leadership
Michael J. Prichard
Founder & CTO
Former Technology Executive at Rotech Healthcare, Inc.
Founded, grew and successfully sold an e-mail archiving software business
Extensive experience as a consultant for large companies including IBM, State Street, and Adobe
Tobias A. Dengel
Former Vice President at AOL
Co-founded and successfully sold Leads.com
Holds a BSE in Finance (Wharton) and Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
What We Do
Attract and retain the leading design and development professionals in the industry to help our clients use emerging media platforms, including mobile devices, social media and interactive television, to substantially improve their business.
Culture of Excellence
WillowTree Apps is one of the largest and most respected mobile development companies in the US. Our entire 52+ person team (many pictured above) is located in our Charlottesville, VA headquarters. Nothing is outsourced overseas. Our open office environment is designed to facilitate collaboration both among our teams (e.g. a developer walking over to the design team for a clarification or a design tweak) and within each team (e.g. a senior iOS team member pair programming with a junior member).
Premier User Experience Design
Our designers are second to none — with expertise across the nuances of iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry and mobile web/HTML5 design best practices. Our team members are frequent speakers at mobile design conferences.
Native and Mobile Web Application Development
We believe in agile development, and our projects are managed via daily standups and weekly meetings. The development team is divided into iOS (Objective C and Cocoa Touch), Android/Blackberry (Java), Windows Phone 7 and Mobile Web/Back-end (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery Mobile, etc.) teams.
Thorough Four-Step QA Process
The QA team uses industry best practices and our four-step process to ensure our mobile apps and mobile sites operate error-free the first time they are shipped.
Awards & Recognition
- 2012 INC 500: One of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America
- 2012 Webby Award Nominee: Pocket Cancer Guide App, My Baby Today App, SB Nation App
- 2011 BabyCenter App featured in Apple’s iPad2 launch presentation
- 2011 Top 10 Android Sports App: Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader Swimsuit App
- 2011 Top 25 Holiday App (by Babble): Sitter Sorter App; link to Babble’s Top 25 Holiday Apps for 2011
- 2010 Webby Award Honoree: University of Virginia App
- 2010 Webby Award Honoree: Fearless Flowers App
- Apple iPad2 Launch: Birth Class iPad app (developed for BabyCenter®, a Johnson & Johnson® company) featured in Apple’s iPad 2 launch presentation
- Top 20 Free Finance App: Manta App, launched May 2011
- Top New Finance App: CFA Institute App, launched September 2011
- Featured on Ellen Degeneres Show: Double Dream Hands App
- Apple Advertisements: Spotasaurus App featured by Apple in TV and Newspaper ads in 2009